Whitley Pre-School is a thriving pre-school within an outstanding, rural village community and offers childcare and early years learning opportunities to up to 24 children between the ages of 2 and 5 years old.
We are a registered charity overseen by a voluntary committee. We are seeking a highly motivated inclusion worker to work within the pre-school setting for up to 15 hours per week, starting in September 2016 until required. Flexibility in working days/hours may be required (within school hours).
Duties will include:
- To provide support in addressing the needs of pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning, working 1:1 with children with additional needs.
- Supporting pupils who may have complex medical needs and who may need emergency medical support, training will be provided.
- Liaising with other agencies e.g. Occupational Therapy/Home Care
- Writing and following individual educational plans.
- Building relationships with the children’s families and pre-school staff.
Due to the nature of this post, it is essential that you have either a recognised full and relevant Level 2 qualification in early years and childcare (or higher), with Level 3 as desirable, or you are experienced in settings where children have complex medical needs and requirements.
Ideally, you should have SEN experience, perhaps within a nursery or pre-school setting and knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum (if not already qualified). The ideal candidate would possess some peadiatric first aid qualifications.
For more information, or for an informal chat, please contact the Pre-school Manager, Vicki Brown, Pre School Manager on 07854 422 418. Application forms should be downloaded here: APPLICATION FORM and sent to email@example.com or handed in to Whitley Preschool, Whitley Village Hall, Whitley, WA4 4EJ.
The closing date for applications is 12th July 2016.
Please note that if you have not received a response within 6 weeks of the closing date, please view your application as unsuccessful.
Please also note interviews may be held at short notice after the closing date; please indicate on your application form if you cannot attend for certain dates.